Windows 7 searches for updates, but it does not find any. The windows update wizard states, it has never updated.
This is an error of windows, which leads to windows searching updates for hours, but not finding any.
Windows will only be able to update itself, after installing the update KB3102810.
To install the update do the following:
- Download the patch from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/de-DE/download/details.aspx?id=49540
- You will have to stop the „Windows Update Server“ on your machine. To do this first run cmd.exe as „Administrator“.
- Chose start at the bottom left corner of the taskbar.
- Type „cmd“ without the quotation marks.
- Do a right click on the program called „Command prompt“ and choose „Run as administrator„
- Type the following command „net stop wuauserv“ (without quotation marks) and confirm by pressing the enter key.
- Run the update which you have downloaded.
- After the update was installed, reboot your pc. Use the windows update wizard to search for updates. Windows should now be able to find updates.